Re: missing FROM-clause entry for table bbbb

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Abhra Kar <abhra(dot)kar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: missing FROM-clause entry for table bbbb
Date: 2018-01-16 14:10:58
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

You should pick one list to post to.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 4:36 AM, Abhra Kar <abhra(dot)kar(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi
> I tried to modify below sql command in postgres syntax---
>
> insert into aaaa (id, groupid, ele_id, ro_element_id) ")

​That ") looks wrong...​

select bbbb.nextval, :groupid, gosp.neteleid, gosp.hodev
> from net_ele gos, net_gos_prop gosp "

​As does that "

> where gos.eid in ( :eids ) and gos.id = gosp.net_element_id
> and
> gos.id not in (select ealjs.element_id from aaaa ealjs where
> ealjs.groupid = :groupid)
>
> If I run this it gives error for ":".If I remove : then I will get error
> like missing FROM-clause entry for table bbbb.

​How are you executing the query, in what client program. If it is ​psql
did you define the variable groupid and eids prior to running the provided
query?

What is the issue here and what should be exact query in postgressql

​PostgreSQL

You should provide the exact and complete psql script you are trying to run
... asking for help with an incomplete example won't get you far.

David J.