Re: BUG #18183: Unable to grant similar roles after changing user from No inheritance to Inheritance.

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "riyaz489(dot)rk(at)gmail(dot)com" <riyaz489(dot)rk(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #18183: Unable to grant similar roles after changing user from No inheritance to Inheritance.
Date: 2023-11-06 14:21:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Monday, November 6, 2023, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> Bug reference: 18183
> Logged by: Riyaz Khan
> Email address: riyaz489(dot)rk(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 16.0
> Operating system: Windows
>
> List of roles
> Role name | Attributes
> t1 | No inheritance
> test | Superuser, Create role, Create DB, Replication, Bypass RLS

We changed the conceptual meaning of the inherit attribute but the psql
output remained unchanged. We probably should add the word “default” and
make the positive case visible to reinforce this change in behavior of the
attribute.

David J.