Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: eshkinkot(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"
Date: 2018-01-17 22:11:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
wrote:

> On 01/11/2018 01:53 PM, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> > The following bug has been logged on the website:
> >
> > Bug reference: 15006
> > Logged by: Sergey Burladyan
> > Email address: eshkinkot(at)gmail(dot)com
> > PostgreSQL version: 10.1
> > Operating system: Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) in docker
> >
> > I run tests in docker with current system user "user" and "make check"
> stop
> > with error:
> > updatable_views ... ok
> > rolenames ... FAILED
> > roleattributes ... ok
> >

> But maybe we could/should fix it anyway? Most regression tests switched
> to roles prefixed with regress_* so why not to do the same here?

​The point of the test seems to be to ensure that the special system
keywords, when quoted, are allowed to be used for role names. So the
choice is to make the test conditional (if the role previously exists
neither create or drop it - and since it existed it doesn't seem like its a
problem to create it anyway) or to simply not bother testing "user"
figuring that the other two roles suffice for testing this behavior.
Changing it to a unlikely-to-conflict name doesn't help since that, I'd
presume, is already being covered by some either sequence of statements.

If these tests can use pl/pgsql and DO-blocks the conditional execution of
this one should be straight-forward to incorporate...

David J.