Re: Probable documentation errors or improvements

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yaroslav <ladayaroslav(at)yandex(dot)ru>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Probable documentation errors or improvements
Date: 2020-09-13 19:36:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 12:20 PM Yaroslav <ladayaroslav(at)yandex(dot)ru> wrote:

> Disclaimer: I'm not a native speaker, so not sure those are actually
> incorrect, and can't offer non-trivial suggestions.

I skimmed about 2/3rds of these and while I agree on the surface that
probably 3/4ths of them are improvements they aren't clear enough wins to
methodically go through and write up one or more patches.

There are a few areas that seem outdated that could use a good once-over in
the sgml sources to clean up. For those I'd expect that I or someone else
may go and write up actual patches.

This run-on presentation is off-putting. Even if actual patches are not
forthcoming I would at least suggest one email per topic with the
suggestions broken down into at least bugs (at the top) and
non-bugs/improvements.

David J.