Re: backup.old

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Steve Pribyl <Steve(dot)Pribyl(at)akunacapital(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: backup.old
Date: 2015-10-07 19:38:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Steve Pribyl <Steve(dot)Pribyl(at)akunacapital(dot)com>
wrote:

> Thank you very much. I read someplace if you run pg_start_backup twice
> the backup.old will be created, but there was not much beyond that and now
> I can't seem to find the reference.

​Scanning the docs and logic tells me that attempting to do pg_start_backup
twice in a row should result in the second attempt giving an error...but I
could be misinformed.

The file pg_start_backup creates is named "backup_label" and so I'd also
expect any attempt to add an old suffix would keep the same base name...

David J.​