Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pepevo <pepevo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, "cgerard999(at)gmail(dot)com" <cgerard999(at)gmail(dot)com>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: create batch script to import into postgres tables
Date: 2020-06-20 00:24:09
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

On Friday, June 19, 2020, pepevo <pepevo(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> We can't just install any softwares without Goverment's approval. Also,
> they might ask Oracle/mysql/sql can run batch script, why not Postgres? I
> wonder myself and just realize today from this email.

PostreSQL isn’t the issue here, you are. To the extent that others
attempting to help you over email are insufficient is a failing driven
mainly by the medium of choice probably being an inefficient medium for the
student. What you want to do is possible but it requires understanding
multiple applications. You are better off getting closer to your goal by
reading books and articles about those applications and then asking better
questions. Or at minimum being more detailed in stating your goal and
requirements.

David J.