Re: Commitfest overflow

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest overflow
Date: 2021-08-07 20:53:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 8:53 AM Simon Riggs <simon(dot)riggs(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
wrote:

> There are 273 patches in the queue for the Sept Commitfest already, so
> it seems clear the queue is not being cleared down each CF as it was
> before. We've been trying hard, but it's overflowing.
>
> Of those, about 50 items have been waiting more than one year, and
> about 25 entries waiting for more than two years.

The "Last Modified" field should probably omitted. The fact that "Moved to
Next CF" changes this date is unhelpful. I'd much rather replace it with a
"last patch provided" date, or, better, an "days since" calculation
instead. Having the system record the email addresses that replied to the
thread instead of strictly looking at people who interact with the
commitfest application would probably also be useful information for
commitfest people looking to see where limited attention would be best
spent.

David J.