Re: Postgres 10.4 crashing when using PLV8

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Mukesh Chhatani <chhatani(dot)mukesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres 10.4 crashing when using PLV8
Date: 2018-06-20 20:02:19
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Mukesh Chhatani <chhatani(dot)mukesh(at)gmail(dot)com
> wrote:

> I am trying to use the PLV8 via function and while using the function
> created via PLV8 in one of the create materialized view, postgres crashes,
> attached is the log file with DEBUG5 turned on.

​These are not the correct place to post possible bug reports for
third-party extensions. plV8 has an active Issues listing on GitHub and
you should post your observations there. They can report upstream to us if
there is indeed something specific in core causing their code to fail.

Additionally, in the future if you find that your email is indeed a core
PostgreSQL issue please just submit it to one of the available lists. If
you are unsure pgsql-general is a safe choice. For this email enough
information has been provided that our official pgsql-bugs email list (or
form) would be acceptable and indeed preferred.

David J.​