Re: Flexible permissions for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Flexible permissions for REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW
Date: 2018-03-29 01:56:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 6:38 PM, Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> ​​
> One question I would have is: what proposals exist or have existed for
> additional privilege bits? How much pressure is there to use some of the
> remaining bits? I actually looked into the history of the permission bits
> and found that we can summarize and approximate the history as 10 years of
> expansion from 4 to 12, then nothing added in the last 10 years.

​I made an argument for an "ANALYZE" grant a little while back, and it
kinda leads one to want one for VACUUM as well.

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKFQuwZ6dhjTFV7Bwmehe1N3%3Dk484y4mM22zuYjVEU2dq9V1aQ%40mail.gmail.com

​David J.​