Re: browser interface to forums please?

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Yuri Budilov <yuri(dot)budilov(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: browser interface to forums please?
Date: 2017-03-25 16:25:08
Lists: pgsql-general

On Friday, March 24, 2017, Yuri Budilov <yuri(dot)budilov(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello everyone
> Can these forums be moved to internet ?
> All these emails is so 1990s.
> So hard to follow, so hard to search for historical answers.
> We really need to be able to post via browser.

One constraint is that the current email based flow cannot be disrupted.
Adding on a fully integrated forum-like GUI does have some demand. I don't
see it being met if the it needs to be custom written. Therefore, do you
have any suggestions and examples of communities using such a system?

As it stands we have a kind of read-only forum in our archives. It would
be nice if there were a form at the bottom of the page that would let you
post - or even "send email to me so I can respond".

In short, there is always room for usability improvements. You'll get a
better response if you focus on those since and explain why.

David J.