Re: Schema Consolidation in PostgreSQL

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Wei Shan <weishan(dot)ang(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Schema Consolidation in PostgreSQL
Date: 2015-05-08 16:16:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 11:38 PM, Wei Shan <weishan(dot)ang(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have a database with multiple schemas consolidated within a postgres
> database.
>
> I have 2 issues when working with this setup.
>
> 1. How can I ensure that there's no resource contention between the schemas

​​This doesn't make sense and, regardless, the use of "resource" here to
too generic to comment upon.

Is there any resource manager.

​Both the O/S and the database manage resources...​

2. Can I get schema-level performance statistics? If I see that this schema
> is overloaded, I may move it to another server.

​Like Albe said - you can get statistics by object, and know in which
schemas those objects reside.

​David J.​