Re: psql's commit df9f599b is not documented

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: mali_86(at)outlook(dot)com, Pg Docs <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql's commit df9f599b is not documented
Date: 2021-08-02 22:31:15
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 2:58 PM PG Doc comments form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> quit and exit commands have been added to psql starting from psql 11
> through
> this commit df9f599b
>
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=df9f599bc6f14307252ac75ea1dc997310da5ba6
> but it is not documented in psql documentation

All documented commands begin with a backslash - and indeed \help and \quit
are the official ways to get help and to quit psql. While the others exist
as a courtesy they are "unofficial" and thus we've chosen to not document
them.

David J.