Limit global default function execution privileges

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Limit global default function execution privileges
Date: 2018-03-07 15:29:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Since we are discussing locking down our defaults is revoking the global
function execution privilege granted to PUBLIC - instead limiting it to
just the pg_catalog schema - on the table?

I'm not sure how strongly I feel toward the proposal but it does come up on
these lists; and the fact that it doesn't distinguish between security
definer and security invoker is a trap for the unaware.

David J.