Re: PG12 → PG13 database conversion anomaly: ERROR: function kepler_start_3(double precision, double precision) does not exist

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "R(dot) Schottland (Lowell)" <rschottland(at)lowell(dot)edu>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG12 → PG13 database conversion anomaly: ERROR: function kepler_start_3(double precision, double precision) does not exist
Date: 2021-09-10 13:02:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thursday, September 9, 2021, R. Schottland (Lowell) <
rschottland(at)lowell(dot)edu> wrote:

> *ERROR: function kepler_start_3(double precision, double precision) does
> not exist*
>
> *LINE 1: SELECT kepler_start_3(cast(ecc AS DOUBLE PRECISION), CAST(mn...*
>
> *^*
>
> *HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
> need to add explicit type casts.*
>

> While the hint in the error message says “*No function matches the given
> name and argument types.*”, we confirmed that the called function and two
> other functions called by it are present in the public schema are immutable
> functions, and after extensive type-checking was performed, we can confirm
> that all argument types are consistent with those functions.

You are assuming that the public schema is in the search_path but for added
security the dump file sets things up so it is not. Your functions need to
be modified, either by adding a set search_path clause to the function
metadata or by schema qualifying function calls within the body of the
function.

David J.