Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf

From: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Isaac Morland <isaac(dot)morland(at)gmail(dot)com>, Craig Ringer <craig(dot)ringer(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Subject: Re: Add docs stub for recovery.conf
Date: 2020-12-04 19:14:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 12:00 PM Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:

> Obviously, I'd then have to adjust the patch that I proposed for default
> roles, or move forward with it as-is, depending on what we end up doing
> here. I dislike what feels like a state of limbo for this right now
> though.

We have a committer + 1 in favor of status quo - or at least requiring that
a non-existing solution be created to move things forward. (Bruce, Daniel)
We have a committer + 3 that seem to agree that the proposed patch is
acceptable as presented. (Stephen, Craig, Isaac, David J.)
Anyone wish to update the above observation?

Stephen, are you will to commit this with the support of the community
members who have spoken up here?

David J.