Re: error updating a tuple after promoting a standby

From: Tom DalPozzo <t(dot)dalpozzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error updating a tuple after promoting a standby
Date: 2016-12-22 07:09:52
Lists: pgsql-general

> If it where me I would use one of the -X methods:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/static/app-pgbasebackup.html
>

>> To me that looks like an issue with the associated TOAST table. I do not
> have a suggestion at this time. Maybe this rings a bell with someone else.
>
> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com

Good tip, x method, I will try it, sure.
But I'm also afraid that there is a still hidden issue.
I think that I'm using postgres in a context slightly different from the
usual ones (many many updates of a table rows with big field,
replication,...) so I'm afraid that issues not already seen can appear.
Regards
Pupillo