spin locks and starvation

From: Tom DalPozzo <t(dot)dalpozzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: spin locks and starvation
Date: 2017-04-03 09:40:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I saw that postgresql implementation makes big use of spin locks.
I was wondering if I should be concerned about possible starvation problem
because I looked around and couldn't find an absolute answer about if linux
spinlocks guarantee protection about starvation or not. I'm using ubuntu
16.04.

I've noticed no problem so far, I'm just wondering.

Regards
Pupillo