Re: new function for tsquery creartion

From: Where is Where <whisere(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dmitry Ivanov <d(dot)ivanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Aleksandr Parfenov <a(dot)parfenov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: new function for tsquery creartion
Date: 2019-07-21 23:28:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello everyone, I am wondering if
AROUND(N) or <N, M> is still possible? I found this thread below and the
original post
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/fe931111ff7e9ad79196486ada79e268%40postgrespro.ru
mentioned the proposed feature: 'New operator AROUND(N). It matches if the
distance between words(or maybe phrases) is less than or equal to N.'

currently in tsquery_phrase(query1 tsquery, query2 tsquery, distance
integer) the distaince is searching a fixed distance, is there way to
search maximum distance so the search returns query1 followed by query2 up
to a certain distance? like the AROUND(N) or <N, M> mentioned in the thread?

Thank you!