Re: BUG #6662: Database do not push condition to subquery, test case for bug 6658

From: Maxim Boguk <maxim(dot)boguk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6662: Database do not push condition to subquery, test case for bug 6658
Date: 2012-05-23 01:53:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

Thank you very much for answer.
Explicit casting resolved an issue.

Just single question:
if anytextcat() and textanycat() are marked volatile,
why the database allows create index on supposedly to be volatile
expression:
create index test_val_special on test((val || ''));
?

--
Maxim Boguk
Senior Postgresql DBA.

Phone RU: +7 910 405 4718
Phone AU: +61 45 218 5678

Skype: maxim.boguk
Jabber: maxim(dot)boguk(at)gmail(dot)com
МойКруг: http://mboguk.moikrug.ru/

"People problems are solved with people.
If people cannot solve the problem, try technology.
People will then wish they'd listened at the first stage."