Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER

From: samay sharma <smilingsamay(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi" <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, "michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz" <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: [PoC] Federated Authn/z with OAUTHBEARER
Date: 2022-03-22 21:48:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Jacob,

Thank you for porting this on top of the pluggable auth methods API. I've
addressed the feedback around other backend changes in my latest patch, but
the client side changes still remain. I had a few questions to understand
them better.

(a) What specifically do the client side changes in the patch implement?
(b) Are the changes you made on the client side specific to OAUTH or are
they about making SASL more generic? As an additional question, if someone
wanted to implement something similar on top of your patch, would they
still have to make client side changes?

Regards,
Samay