Re: overload

From: Viktor Bojović <viktor(dot)bojovic(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: lists-pgsql(at)useunix(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: overload
Date: 2011-07-11 14:42:32
Lists: pgsql-sql

Thanx Wayne and Pavel,

i will try to make this work with cursors. Theoretically there can be more
than 4 bilion records in result, but only 58mil returned which took 3 days.
Possibly i will have to create temporary table and store results form
%patterns into it after each 500k records, and group them at the end.

I didn't manage to find example where plpgsql uses hash arrays or where
plperl uses cursors.
Any of these methods links/examples would be helpful to me.

Thanx in advance

Viktor Bojović
Wherever I go, Murphy goes with me