Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date: 2018-09-24 05:03:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 5:02 AM Alexander Korotkov <
a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 5:50 AM Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> wrote:
> > I've pushed a current version of that to my git tree to the
> > pluggable-storage branch. It's not really a version that I think makese
> > sense to review or such, but it's probably more useful if you work based
> > on that. There's also the pluggable-zheap branch, which I found
> > extremely useful to develop against.
>
> BTW, I'm going to take a look at current shape of this patch and share
> my thoughts. But where are the branches you're referring? On your
> postgres.org git repository pluggable-storage brach was updates last
> time at June 7. And on the github branches are updated at August 5
> and 14, and that is still much older than your email (August 24)...

The code is latest, but the commit time is older, I feel that is because of
commit squash.

pluggable-storage is the branch where the pluggable storage code is present
and pluggable-zheap branch where zheap is rebased on top of pluggable
storage.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia