initdb --allow-group-access behaviour in windows

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: initdb --allow-group-access behaviour in windows
Date: 2019-02-01 06:34:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hackers,

During the testing of new feature allowing group access mode for the data
directory by specifying initdb --allow-group-access by one of my collegue,
we didn't observe any change in the data folder permissions. With/without
group access the data folder have permissions to the group.

As Microsoft windows doesn't support POSIX style of permissions, we always
set for the permissions GUC's as not supported in windows. Even the new GUC
that is added with
--allow-group-access feature also mentioned the same.

The initdb --allow-group-access doesn't have any impact on the microsoft
windows, so I feel it should be better to write the same in initdb docs?

need a patch?

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia