utility commands benefiting from parallel plan

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: utility commands benefiting from parallel plan
Date: 2017-02-24 06:13:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hackers,

Here I attached an implementation patch that allows
utility statements that have queries underneath such as
CREATE TABLE AS, CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW
and REFRESH commands to benefit from parallel plan.

These write operations not performed concurrently by the
parallel workers, but the underlying query that is used by
these operations are eligible for parallel plans.

Currently the write operations are implemented for the
tuple dest types DestIntoRel and DestTransientRel.

Currently I am evaluating other write operations that can
benefit with parallelism without side effects in enabling them.

comments?

Regards,
Hari Babu
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
utlity_write_with_query_parallel_1.patch application/octet-stream 10.6 KB