Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Date: 2018-10-23 07:11:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 5:49 PM Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I am able to generate the simple test and found the problem. The issue
> with the following
> SQL.
>
> SELECT *
> INTO TABLE xacttest
> FROM aggtest;
>
> During the processing of the above query, the tuple that is selected from
> the aggtest is
> sent to the intorel_receive() function, and the same tuple is used for the
> insert, because
> of this reason, the tuple xmin is updated and it leads to failure of
> selecting the data from
> another query. I fixed this issue by materializing the slot.

Wrong patch attached in the earlier mail, sorry for the inconvenience.
Attached proper fix patch.

I will look into isolation test failures.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-Materialize-the-slot-before-they-are-processed-using.patch application/octet-stream 854 bytes