GUC parameters accepts values in both octal and hexadecimal formats

From: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GUC parameters accepts values in both octal and hexadecimal formats
Date: 2019-01-08 06:08:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Hackers,

The Server GUC parameters accepts values in both Octal and hexadecimal
formats also.

postgres=# set max_parallel_workers_per_gather='0x10';
postgres=# show max_parallel_workers_per_gather;
max_parallel_workers_per_gather
---------------------------------
16

postgres=# set max_parallel_workers_per_gather='010';
postgres=# show max_parallel_workers_per_gather;
max_parallel_workers_per_gather
8

I can check that this behavior exists for quite some time, but I am not
able to find any documentation related to it? Can some one point me to
relevant section where it is available? If not exists, is it fine to add it?

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia