Re: Disallow changing slot's failover option in transaction block

From: shveta malik <shveta(dot)malik(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)" <kuroda(dot)hayato(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>, shveta malik <shveta(dot)malik(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Disallow changing slot's failover option in transaction block
Date: 2024-04-19 10:14:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 19, 2024 at 6:09 AM Zhijie Hou (Fujitsu)
<houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:

> Here is V2 patch which includes the changes for CREATE SUBSCRIPTION as
> suggested. Since we don't connect pub to alter slot when (create_slot=false)
> anymore, the restriction that disallows failover=true when connect=false is
> also removed.

Thanks for the patch. I feel getSubscription() also needs to get
'subfailover' option independent of dopt->binary_upgrade i.e. it needs
similar changes as that of dumpSubscription(). I tested pg_dump,
currently it is not dumping failover parameter for failover-enabled
subscriptions, perhaps due to the same bug. Create-sub and Alter-sub
changes look good and work well.

thanks
Shveta