Re: pgtune or similar to assist in initial settings

From: Imre Samu <pella(dot)samu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tory M Blue <tmblue(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgtune or similar to assist in initial settings
Date: 2016-07-12 20:03:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

> So looking for a good start as I start bringing up systems in Amazon,
AWS for performance.

Maybe useful information:

- "Amazon Web Services – RDBMS in the Cloud: PostgreSQL on AWS" (2013)
https://aws.amazon.com/whitepapers/postgresql-in-the-cloud/ Download
Whitepaper <http://media.amazonwebservices.com/AWS_RDBMS_PostgreSQL.pdf>

-" Amazon EBS Volume Performance on Linux Instances"
http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/EBSPerformance.html

Imre