Re: Redis 16 times faster than Postgres?

From: Imre Samu <pella(dot)samu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Redis 16 times faster than Postgres?
Date: 2019-09-30 09:40:31
Lists: pgsql-general

from the original article:
> For example, the PostgreSQL speeds depend on the Django ORM code
> that makes the SQL and sends the query and then turns it into the model
instance.
> I don't know what the proportions are between that and
> the actual bytes-from-PG's-disk times. But I'm not sure I care either.

imho: the "Django ORM" is not so fast.
according to "TechEmpower Web Framework Benchmarks" ...
it has only ~3% performance - compare to the best rust+pg (100%) results.

example:
"Data updates"
https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r18&hw=ph&test=update
the "django-postgresql" performance = 766 - only 3.0% of the best pg +
rust results
checking the other test types ( "Single query" ;" Multiple queries" ) has
a similar results.

the Django implementation of the test:
https://github.com/TechEmpower/FrameworkBenchmarks/tree/master/frameworks/Python/django

Imre

Colin 't Hart <colinthart(at)gmail(dot)com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. szept. 29.,
V, 23:42):