Re: huge difference in TPS depending of synchornous_commit setting

From: Sergey Kirillov <sergey(dot)kirillov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jesper Krogh <jesper(at)krogh(dot)cc>
Cc: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: huge difference in TPS depending of synchornous_commit setting
Date: 2012-08-09 07:19:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks. I was thinking that is is related to rotational delay too. But 68
TPS still look a bit slow for me.

On the another (slower) server with 4 SATA disks in RAID-10, I'm getting
~250 TPS, which is almost 4X of my new server.

And this is weird for me since, if I'm getting everything right — 4 disks
in RAID-10 should be only 2x faster than 2 disks in RAID-1

--
Best regards,
Sergey