Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system

From: "Fred (dot)Flintstone" <eldmannen(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system
Date: 2019-03-20 10:43:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-pkg-debian

It seems nothing came out of the discussion in 2008.
I feel the topic should be revisited.

I am in favor of doing so too. The deprecation cycle could involve
symlinks for a brief period of time or a couple of versions.

Yes, the wrapper script approach is used by Git as well as the "dotnet" command.
The wrapper script addition doesn't mean executing the commands
directly without the wrapper won't be possible. So one doesn't exclude
the other.
It would be a welcome addition.