Re: Re[5]: On login trigger: take three

From: Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ivan Panchenko <wao(at)mail(dot)ru>
Cc: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Re[5]: On login trigger: take three
Date: 2021-08-17 00:07:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 1:11 AM Ivan Panchenko <wao(at)mail(dot)ru> wrote:

> Does it mean that "RAISE NOTICE" should’t be used, or behaves unexpectedly in logon triggers? Should we mention this in the docs?

No I don't believe so, it was just that that part of the test
framework (sub poll_query_until) had been changed to regard anything
output to stderr as an error (so now for the test to succeed, whatever
is printed to stdout must match the expected test output, and stderr
must be empty).

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia