Re: Added schema level support for publication.

From: Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, "tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tanghy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Date: 2021-10-18 04:03:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 4:57 PM houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com
<houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:

> Besides, I found we misunderstood the flag PUBLICATION_PART_ROOT it means:
> "ROOT: only the table explicitly mentioned in the publication" We cannot use it
> as a flag to judge whether do the partition filtering, I think we need to pass
> the actual pubviaroot flag.

I agree, PUBLICATION_PART_ROOT can't be used to determine whether to
do partition filtering, the "pubviaroot" flag is needed.

> Based on the V40 patchset, attaching the Top-up patch which try to fix the
> partition issue in a cleaner way.

A minor thing, in your "top-up patch", the test code added to
publication.sql, you need to remove the last "DROP TABLE
sch2.tbl1_part1;". It causes an error because the table doesn't exist
and it seems to have been erroneously copied from the previous test
case.

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia