Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress

From: Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failed transaction statistics to measure the logical replication progress
Date: 2021-11-08 23:50:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 7:11 PM osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com
<osumi(dot)takamichi(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:

> I'm not sure about the last part.
> > additionally increase the available subscriber memory,
> Which GUC parameter did you mean by this ?
> Could we point out and enalrge the memory size only for
> subscriber's apply processing intentionally ?
> I incorporated (7) except for this last part.
> Will revise according to your reply.

I might have misinterpreted your original description, so I'll
re-review that in your latest patch.

As a newer version (v20) of the prerequisite patch was posted a day
ago, it looks like your patch needs to be rebased against that (as it
currently applies on top of the v19 version only).

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia