Re: How to check for in-progress transactions

From: Tejasvi Kashi <mail(at)tejasvi(dot)dev>
To: Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to check for in-progress transactions
Date: 2023-03-16 21:08:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 17:01, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 4:43 PM Tejasvi Kashi <mail(at)tejasvi(dot)dev> wrote:
> > Thanks a lot for your reply. It looks like this is exactly what I need.
> For my use case, I'm trying to get read-only transactions to wait for the
> replication of prior writes.
>
> can't you use remote_apply?
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/runtime-config-wal.html

That will ensure that the writes are acknowledged only after remote
application. But, in my case, I’m trying to get read transactions to wait
if they have seen a write that is yet to be replicated.

<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/runtime-config-wal.html>