Re: missing toast table for pg_policy

From: John Naylor <jcnaylor(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: missing toast table for pg_policy
Date: 2018-06-19 13:48:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2/20/18, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
> Regression tests of pg_upgrade are failing as follows:
> New cluster database "postgres" is not empty
> Failure, exiting
> + rm -rf /tmp/pg_upgrade_check-Xn0ZLe

I looked into this briefly. The error comes from
check_new_cluster_is_empty() in src/bin/pg_upgrade/check.c, which
contains the comment

/* pg_largeobject and its index should be skipped */

If you don't create a toast table for pg_largeobject and
pg_largeobject_metadata, the pg_upgrade regression test passes.
Revised addendum attached. Adding two more exceptions to my alternate
implementation starts to make it ugly, so I haven't updated it for
now.

-John Naylor

> Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
toastable-catalogs-02-JCN-addendum1-v2.diff text/plain 2.5 KB