Re: missing toast table for pg_policy

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: missing toast table for pg_policy
Date: 2018-02-20 00:21:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:33:30AM -0500, Joe Conway wrote:
> The attached does exactly this. Gives all system tables toast tables
> except pg_class, pg_attribute, and pg_index, and includes cat version
> bump and regression test in misc_sanity.
>
> Any further discussion, comments, complaints?

Thanks Joe for working on this.

+SELECT relname, attname, atttypid::regtype
+FROM pg_class c join pg_attribute a on c.oid = attrelid
+WHERE c.oid < 16384 AND
+ reltoastrelid = 0 AND
+ relkind = 'r' AND
+ attstorage != 'p'
This is really a good idea! (Saw the suggestion upthread as well, did
not comment on it previously.)

Regression tests of pg_upgrade are failing as follows:
New cluster database "postgres" is not empty
Failure, exiting
+ rm -rf /tmp/pg_upgrade_check-Xn0ZLe

Just a thought: introducing a system function which returns
FirstNormalObjectId. I have myself faced a couple of times case where
this OID is hardcoded in some tests. I'll spawn a new thread about
that.
--
Michael