Re: [RFC] What would be difficult to make data models pluggable for making PostgreSQL a multi-model database?

From: Henry <henrymanmail(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: MauMau <maumau307(at)gmail(dot)com>, Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)adjust(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] What would be difficult to make data models pluggable for making PostgreSQL a multi-model database?
Date: 2017-09-13 22:46:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was just reading the Postgresql 11 roadmap and it mentions native graph
support. I would be interested in following the design work for this.

Would this require a the new pluggable storage which is currently in
development or would the existing storage engine be sufficient? I am just
wondering if there are any rough design/plans for this...

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Fujitsu_roadmap#Multi-model_database

- *graph: Natively support graph data model. Implement Cypher and/or
Gremlin as the query language through UDFs.*

Thank you,
Henry