Re: BUG #16215: Restore failes if number of workers in postgresql.conf is lower than on source system

From: Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens <stefan(dot)sonnenberg(dot)carstens(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16215: Restore failes if number of workers in postgresql.conf is lower than on source system
Date: 2020-01-17 09:33:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Sergei,

as far as I understand these restrictions apply when hot_standby is set to
on AND a recovery.conf is missing.
I can confirm that hot_standby is commented out - is this setting on by
default?

grep hot_standby /etc/postgresql/10/main/postgresql.conf
#hot_standby = on # "off" disallows queries during
recovery
#hot_standby_feedback = off # send info from standby to prevent

Cheers

--
Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens
IT Ingenieur