pg_sample

From: Patrick B <patrickbakerbr(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_sample
Date: 2016-10-19 00:24:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi guys,

I got a very big database, that I need to export (dump) into a new test
server.

However, this new database test server doesn't need to have all the data. I
would like to have only the first 100 rows(example) of each table in my
database.

I'm using pg_sample to do that, but unfortunately it doesn't work well.
It doesn't get the first 100 rows. It gets random 100 rows.

Do you guys have any idea how could I do this?
Thanks
Patrick