CREATE USER

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CREATE USER
Date: 2011-12-09 21:09:25
Lists: pgsql-docs

Hi,

I just notice that when you create a user using CREATE USER and give
the user the ability to create other users it gets created as
SUPERUSER. CREATE ROLE behaves as expected.

Looking at src/backend/parser/gram.y seems it's intentional, for
backwards compatibility. But the docs says:
"""
CREATE USER is now an alias for CREATE ROLE. The only difference is
that when the command is spelled CREATE USER, LOGIN is assumed by
default, whereas NOLOGIN is assumed when the command is spelled CREATE
ROLE.
"""

So, at least, we need to update docs or is undocumented intentionally
too? also i really think the command should raise a WARNING so we now
what's happening

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación