Re: TABLESAMPLE patch

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TABLESAMPLE patch
Date: 2014-12-16 07:43:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 6:24 PM, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Attached is a basic implementation of TABLESAMPLE clause. It's SQL standard
> clause and couple of people tried to submit it before so I think I don't
> need to explain in length what it does - basically returns "random" sample
> of a table using a specified sampling method.

Tablesample, yay!

Sadly when the jsonb functions patch was committed a few oids where
used, so you should update the ones you are using. at least to make
the patch easier for testing.

The test added for this failed, attached is the diff. i didn't looked
up why it failed

Finally, i created a view with a tablesample clause. i used the view
and the tablesample worked, then dumped and restored and the
tablesample clause went away... actually pg_get_viewdef() didn't see
it at all.

will look at the patch more close tomorrow when my brain wake up ;)

--
Jaime Casanova www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.diffs application/octet-stream 717 bytes