create index regression fail

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: create index regression fail
Date: 2012-01-12 18:28:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

In current HEAD, create index regression is failing (at least here).
Is anyone else seeing this?
Attached regression.diffs

the query where the regression fails is:

SELECT count(*) FROM dupindexcols
WHERE f1 > 'LX' and id < 1000 and f1 ~<~ 'YX';

my first theory was that it was because some locale because mine is
es_EC.UTF-8 but the content of the table doesn't justify that,
my second theory was that it was because the index-only scan it's does
but turning off indexonly scan didn't give a different answer

this test case was added in commit
e2c2c2e8b1df7dfdb01e7e6f6191a569ce3c3195 to "Improve planner's
handling of duplicated index column expressions", so this commit broke
something or the count is wrong in the expected result

--
Jaime Casanova         www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.diffs application/octet-stream 551 bytes