Re: [BUGS] compatibilty postgres 9.2 RHEL 6.4

From: Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Elena Fernandez Carmona <efernandezca(at)sanitas(dot)es>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] compatibilty postgres 9.2 RHEL 6.4
Date: 2015-03-07 00:11:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 5:27 AM, Elena Fernandez Carmona
<efernandezca(at)sanitas(dot)es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Postgres 9.2.4 installed on a RHEL 5.5
>
> I am going to migrate the operating system version to RHEL 6.4, and I would
> like to know if it is compatible with my postgres 9.2.4.

This is clearly *not* a bug so, i'm moving this thread to
pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
Please use that list for General questions, there is also a spanish
language list if you want to use it: pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org

> The only information I have found is on the following url:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/supported-platforms.html
>
> I would also like to know, in case the versions are compatible, if it is
> necessary to relink the postgres libraries?

An interesting question is how you installed your postgresql, but
probably will be problems because of dependency libraries.
Now. the data directori *is* compatible if you keep using 9.2 so i
would install the right binary from yum.postgresql.org and use
existing data directory

--
Jaime Casanova www.2ndQuadrant.com
Professional PostgreSQL: Soporte 24x7 y capacitación