Re: Migrating PostgreSQL Stored Procedures to MSSQL 2019 for example

From: hector vass <hector(dot)vass(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Simpson <Scott(dot)Simpson(at)zellis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrating PostgreSQL Stored Procedures to MSSQL 2019 for example
Date: 2022-08-14 09:34:56
Lists: pgsql-general

I would suggest no easy way with a tool .. postgresql is powerful because
you can write functions in different languages in addition to PLpgSQL so
python,perl,tcl,js,c++ and there are many popular extensions. So very
possible to encapsulate complex application/business logic within
database. But if it is just a database with a bit of PLpgSQL to expose
data to a front end application that does all the work then maybe a tool
might work. You may have noticed how powerful AWS SCT is converting MSSQL
& Oracle to Postgresql but alas will I believe only convert Postgresql to
Postres alike databases Aurora and MySQL ...
Not to say someone somewhere hasn’t but a claimed strength of Postgresql is
probably a hindrance in this instance.

Hector Vass
Data Engineer
07773 352559

On Fri, 12 Aug 2022, 11:24 Scott Simpson, <Scott(dot)Simpson(at)zellis(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to migrate many PostgreSQL Stored Procedures and functions to MSSQL.
>
> I can find anything online that seems to handle this task.
>
> Are there any tools that you have that can do this job?
>

> *Kind Regards*
>

> *Zellis* | Scott Simpson | Senior Engineer
>

> Thorpe Park
>
> United Kingdom
>
> Work : +44 (0)20 3986 3523
>
> Email : Scott(dot)Simpson(at)Zellis(dot)com <Daniel(dot)Munns(at)Zellis(dot)com>
>
> Web : www.Zellis.com <http://www.zellis.com/>
>

> ------------------------------
>
> *Zellis is the trading name for Zellis Holdings Ltd and its associated
> companies “Zellis”.*
>
> The contents of this email are confidential to Zellis and are solely for
> the use of the intended recipient. If you received this email in error,
> please inform the sender immediately and delete the email from your system.
> Unless Zellis have given you express permission to do so, please do not
> disclose, distribute or copy the contents of this email.
>
> Unless this email expressly states that it is a contractual offer or
> acceptance, it is not sent with the intention of creating a legal
> relationship and does not constitute an offer or acceptance which could
> give rise to a contract.
>
> Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender
> unless the email specifically states them to be the views of Zellis.
>
> Zellis Holdings Ltd - registered in England and Wales - Company No:
> 10975623 - Registered Office: 740 Waterside Drive, Aztec West, Almondsbury,
> Bristol, BS32 4UF, UK.

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 4.7 KB