Re: GSoC 2017 weekly progress reports (week 2)

From: Andrew Borodin <borodin(at)octonica(dot)com>
To: Shubham Barai <shubhambaraiss(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)gmail(dot)com>, sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Subject: Re: GSoC 2017 weekly progress reports (week 2)
Date: 2017-06-13 18:02:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Project: Explicitly support predicate locks in index AMs besides b-tree

Hi, Shubham
Good job!

So, in current HEAD test predicate_gist_2.spec generate false
positives, but with your patch, it does not?
I'd suggest keeping spec tests with your code in the same branch, it's
easier. Also it worth to clean up specs style and add some words to
documentation.

Kevin, all, how do you think, is it necessary to expand these tests
not only on Index Only Scan, but also on Bitmap Index Scan? And may be
KNN version of scan too?
I couldn't find such tests for B-tree, do we have them?

Best regards, Andrey Borodin, Octonica.