Re: Merge join for GiST

From: Andrew Borodin <borodin(at)octonica(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Sergey Mirvoda <sergey(at)mirvoda(dot)com>, Moser Peter <peter(dot)moser(at)unibz(dot)it>
Subject: Re: Merge join for GiST
Date: 2017-04-11 08:47:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 7:53 AM, Andrew Borodin <borodin(at)octonica(dot)com> wrote:
>> I think this idea is somewhat related to this patch [2], but as for
>> now cannot describe how exactly GiST merge and Range Merge features
>> relate.
>
> It also seems somewhat related to Peter Moser's work on ALIGN and
> NORMALIZE. It would be nice if the various groups of people
> interested in improving PostgreSQL's spatial stuff got together and
> reviewed each others' patches. As a non-spatial guy myself, it's
> pretty hard to decide on the relative merits of different proposed
> approaches.

Hi, Robert!

Thank you for the pointer. Temporal features are not exactly within my
scope, but you are right, topics are close to each other. I'll look
into the patch with temporal features and assess whether I can provide
a meaningful review.

I do not know how to gather the attention of all how is interested in
this kind of features. I read hackers@ digest regularly, used search a
lot, but that temporal work slipped away from my attention.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.