Re: Standby.signal file is not getting deleted after failover in all scanarios

From: Swati Patil <swatipatiltg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: CONVERS Yann - DREAL Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes/CIDDAE/SIG <yann(dot)convers(at)developpement-durable(dot)gouv(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Standby.signal file is not getting deleted after failover in all scanarios
Date: 2021-09-07 16:39:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Yann

Thank you for the reply.

We have configured promote_trigger_file at postgres.conf.auto file.

The standby.signal file gets deleted automatically during normal failover
e.g. Deactivate the secondary server, restore data from secondary to primary
server and activate the secondary server.

However, in some scenarios this file is not getting deleted after failover
e.g Deactivate the secondary server, restore the data from secondary
to primary server , enable the replication and activate the secondary
server.

Thanks,
Swati Yadav.