Re: Problem with moderation of messages with patched attached.

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with moderation of messages with patched attached.
Date: 2022-03-03 13:45:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Dave,

> Then someone will complain if their patch is 2.1MB! How often are messages legitimately over 1MB anyway, even with a patch? I don't usually moderate -hackers, so I don't know if this is a common thing or not.
>
> I'll ping a message across to the sysadmin team anyway; I can't just change that setting without buy-in from the rest of the team.

IMO, current limits are OK. The actual problem is that when the
message gets into moderation, the notice to the author doesn't contain
the reason:

> Your message to pgsql-hackers with subject
> "Re: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15"
> has been held for moderation.
>
> It will be delivered to the list recipients as soon as it has been
> approved by a moderator.
>
> If you wish to cancel the message without delivery, please click
> this link: ....

Any chance we could include the reason in the message? I foresee that
otherwise such kinds of questions will be asked over and over again.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev