Re: Support TZ format code in to_timestamp()

From: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Support TZ format code in to_timestamp()
Date: 2024-01-22 15:25:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> > Hi, this patch was marked in CF as "Needs Review" [1], but there has
> > been no activity on this thread for 7+ months.
> > If nothing more is planned for this thread then it will be closed
> > ("Returned with feedback") at the end of this CF.
>
> I still think it would be a good idea, but I can't deny the lack
> of other interest in it. Unless someone steps up to review,
> let's close it.

I agree that it would be a good idea, and again I would like to
condemn the approach "since no one reviews it we are going to reject
it". A friendly reminder like "hey, this patch was waiting long
enough, maybe someone could take a look" would be more appropriate
IMO. I remember during previous commitfests some CF managers created a
list of patches that could use more attention. That was useful.

I will review the patch, but probably only tomorrow.

--
Best regards,
Aleksander Alekseev